These fun treats contain a simple No bake cheesecake filling and lots of berries! It looks complicated but really is pretty easy. You do need to keep it chilled though!
You will need!
For the cone:
- 12 Sugar cones
- 18 Vanilla oreo Crushed (( the yellow ones))
- Butter half cup
For the filling:
- 16 oz Cream cheese ( 2 packages )
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- ½ cup White sugar
For the strawberries:
- 1 Lb Fresh strawberries Washed and hulled (Other berry types would work as well)
- ½ cup White sugar
- 4 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Water
For the glaze:
- 1.2 t Vanilla Extract
- 2 C Powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- Various chopped nuts
- Various chocolate or other types of chips
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small baking dish
- Rolling pin
- Plastic bag
- Storage container
Cone and crumble:
- Crush your Oreos in any way you like but the easiest way is in a muggle food processor, the most fun is in a plastic bag and a heavy item like a rolling pin and you smash them up. When smashed up into small bits, pour them into a baking dish.
- Add the melted butter in it. Add it to a baking dish and pat the back of a spoon. Bake it for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Add cheese into a new bowl. Beat it for 5 minutes or until it has become light and creamy. Add the sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla in it. Mix it well and then add the whipped cream
- Add all your strawberries to a saucepan and cook them on medium heat till they soften some
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and water. Mix it well and keep it stirring and you will see that in a while it will start to get thick. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- If you do not wish to have glazed strawberries you can just use fresh. Or use half fresh and half glazed!
- Mix all the ingredients of glaze in a bowl until smooth.
Assembly of the cones:
- Start by dipping the cones in the glaze. Coat the inside fully and the outside about ⅓ – ½ of the way down
- Roll the outside of the cones in the oreo crumble while the glaze is still sticky. Make sure that it is as even as possible then let it dry.
- Add the cream cheese filling till the cone is about ⅓ full
- Add the glazed strawberries, or the Fresh, if you’re adding both put the glazed in first
- Top with any leftover Oreos crumble and drizzle leftover glaze on top
- If you wish to add nuts or chips do so now!
- Keep in the fridge till ready to eat in a storage container