These are the incomplete release notes for the MM HUD.
- You will no longer be able to give/trade/purchase if it would cause your character to carry more than 10 of that particular item.
- Certain items such as water and other perishables will be removed from the HUD inventory if you are carrying more than 10 (perishables perished, it went in the bin). Others will remain at the amount purchased if they are over 10, but you will not be able to purchase more until that stack of items is below 10.
- This update will require a change to *all* the vendor scripts, so if a vendor script is not working please report it at https://mischiefmanagedsl.net/hud-server-status/
- When you click “dodge” there is now also a “flee” option.
- Functionally it is the same as dodge with different wording, except that if you’re attacked with a targeted spell you can’t use flee to evade it, you must use dodge first and then flee as your “attack” to try to get away
- Fleeing does not increase your fitness stat or affect your needs
- See rules regarding use of the “flee” function here https://mischiefmanagedsl.net/cast-bar-and-dueling/
- The HUD will now announce in local chat if your health is at 0
More bugfixes for targeted spells
- Fixed an issue with players being untargetable
- Fixed issue with the “choose a target” menu repeatedly popping up if you did not pick someone. Players should be able to click “ignore” on the dialog now
- Increased the defence timer to 5 minutes to choose whether to defend or not, and 5 minutes to roll a spell/dodge to defend with
Bugfixes around the HUD API and addressing issues with being stuck in an “untargetable” state. More fixes will likely be coming soon as we work out the kinks with the targeted spells system.
- Removed the dueling process
- Added targeted spells
- Many spells will now present players with the option to choose a target after successfully casting
- Once a target is chosen, the player posts their RP and a dialog is sent to the target with the option to defend or accept the hit
- If a player has a pending dialog for defence they may not be targeted for another attack until the defence is resolved
- Added an option to the HUD to toggle target dialog
- Added spell effects
- Some targeted spells affect health, needs, have a visual effect, or some combination of all
- Spell Journal updated to v1.2
- Wording of “Apprentice” has been changed to “Advanced”
- The base success rate (before buffs/debuffs are applied) now goes from 0-100% between the Beginner and Advanced level, so at the “Advanced” level upwards you have a base 100% chance of succeeding at casting that spell.
- Mastery that you get for “free” is capped at Adept, and everyone will need to practice to go the rest of the way to Master
- If you’ve practiced a spell, this effort has not been lost.
- Power level is now reflected in your casting
- “Resounding success” has been replaced with new wording based on the spell’s power level
- The levels are: (none)->strong->potent->impressive->remarkable
- [19:54] MM – HUD v2.3.1 BETA: Valyria Rask cast Inanimatus Conjurus!
- [19:54] MM – HUD v2.3.1 BETA: Valyria Rask cast a remarkable Inanimatus Conjurus!
- You are no longer able to brew potions if your wand has been confiscated
- Optimisations to the Spell Journal
- Made a change to the way “house” works for students that will allow values to be set other than the 4 Hogwarts houses. This is how other schools will be set for the Triwizard Tournament.
- Needs no longer output text in local chat when they are low. The heart icon on the HUD will still flash red, however.
- TPing offsim no longer automatically sets a player to OOC. This fixes an issue with attaching the HUD offsim and not being able to use any of the buttons.
- Various other bugfixes
In order to cast spells, you must first own a wand. Wands can be purchased at a wand shop.
- There is a hefty discount for your first time wand purchase. If you decide to purchase a new wand after that, you will pay the full price. Note: “First time” refers to first time purchase for the HUD. If your character previously had a wand and is on their second wand, you still get the discount.
- Each wand is unique and each wood and core have their own pros and cons. Some woods may be more suited to charms, while others may prefer the dark arts, or transfiguration. Be sure to read up on your wand wood/core before making a decision (wiki/WizardingWorld/etc)
- The more you use your wand, the deeper your bond with it will grow, and the more likely it will do your will, and perform great magic.
In order to cast a specific spell or transfiguration, it must first be learned. Spells may be found in books, which may be found in the library, bookstores, or presented by professors in class. However, books get lost, and you may find a stray hidden here or there. In the future, quests and other items may teach spells as well.
- All wixen should purchase the Spell Journal from one of the various bookstores.
- Upon picking it up and opening it, you will automatically learn a number of spells that have been taught up to your year.
- The journal will show which spells you have learned so far.
- There are varying degrees to which you know a spell.
- Your mastery of a spell is partially decided by your skill level vs the level of the spell, however:
- You can increase your knowledge of a spell by casting and then posting RP
- You can gain spell experience up to 5 times a day per spell
- RP must be of a decent length and not copied/pasted over and over
- Academics no longer affects spell success, but rather affects the speed at which you learn spells. The higher your academics vs the spell level, the faster you learn the spell.
- You cannot learn spells above your skill level.
- Adults need to practice too! While you may have already mastered the majority of the spells from your Hogwarts days, adult level spells will still need to be learned and practiced. Adults (and gifted) learn twice as fast as students.
- Spells now have a power level which is determined by a variety of factors from your knowledge of the spell, to your wand (especially the core), and your bond with your wand. Nonverbal spells are also not quite as powerful.
- A spell’s power level is a determining factor in dueling, but some items may use your spell’s power level as well. For example, if a professor locks a door with colloportus, only someone with a powerful enough alohomora will be able to unlock it.
- Added more API functions
- Added roll values to the API output
- Added the ability for a script to “ping” the badge and get basic char info
- Changed herb/comc to give the option to care without identifying first
- Added the ability for ALO to add titler alts
- Other minor bug fixes
- Added API functions for HUD → Object communication
- Added functionality that will fix the relays used during the sorting ceremony
- Professors: Removed subject selection when manually adding skill points
- Other minor bug fixes
- Dodge math has been rebalanced
- Professors: Changed verbiage when updating House Points
- Fixed a bug with the weekly fitness depletion.
- Fixed OOC-toggling when leaving MM sims.
- Every complete week without logging in depletes 5% of the fitness gauge.
- Going to non-MM sims toggles OOC.
- It is now possible to use chat commands to activate the cast bar.
- Fixed an oversight in the point spread, students can no longer get Academics beyond level 35.
- Fixed a bug that would cause illnesses to pause progression while the HUD was in OOC mode.
- Reduced probability and range of contagious disease infection.
- Fixed a bug with the time progression of diseases that evolve with time.
- Fixed a bug with diseases that evolve with time.
- Duelling now also shows results above the characters’ heads.
- Skill point spread changed.
- Migrated to the new database.
- Diseases and maladies implemented.
- Contagious diseases implemented.
- “Get Hurt” function implemented.
- “Strike” function implemented.
- Quidditch v2 released.
- Fitness affects dodging and Quidditch.
- People can no longer set how many skill points they request; they request by category.
- General bug fixes.
- Duelling implemented.
- Stealth mode implemented.
- Fitness implemented.
- Fitness no longer hidden stat.
- Change in rolling difficulty.
- General bug fixes.
- First stable release.
- Inventory now infinite.
- General bug fixes.