The snow is still coming down hard! What better than hot chocolate! You can eat this as is or melt it in some hot milk for real hot chocolate!
You will need!
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 18 ounces (3 cups) chopped semisweet chocolate, or chips
- 4 ounces (3/4 cup) chopped unsweetened chocolate
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 8 x 8-inch pan
- Aluminium foil
- None stick cooking spray
- Medium saucepan
- Skewers or lollipop sticks
- Fix up an 8 x 8-inch pan by lining it with aluminium foil and spraying the foil with non-stick cooking spray. This is so the stuff doesn’t get stuck in the pan with no way to get it out.
- Place the chopped semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolates in a large heat-safe bowl and set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream and condensed milk into a medium saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat. Bring the liquid to a simmer, whisking frequently so that the condensed milk does not scorch on the bottom of the pan
- Once the liquid is simmering, pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for a minute to soften. Begin whisking the cream and chocolate together, until the chocolate is melted and you have a shiny, smooth mixture.
- Pour the chocolate into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Allow it to sit and firm up overnight, or for 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once the fudge block is firm, use a large, sharp knife to cut it into twenty-five pieces
- Skewer each block with a lollipop stick.