Need a last-minute gift for your sweetie to give them at the hearty Party or on Valentine’s day? Try this quick and easy Nougat Sweet!
You will need;
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bags white chocolate chips (2 of the 225 gram bags)
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows (2 of the 250 gram bags)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red and pink non sugar coated gumdrops or jujubes
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 8×8 square baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Double boiler or metal/glass bowl and a saucepan / cauldron
- Cooking spray
- Get an 8×8 square baking dish and make it ready by lining it with parchment paper. This step can not be skipped or you will not get the sweets out of the pan no matter how much cooking spray you put on it. Cut the paper so that it fits in but has some overlap on the edges to lift it out with. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter, white chocolate chips and marshmallows together over indirect heat. You can either use a proper double broiler or you can create a double boiler by putting a heatproof bowl over a saucepan, or your cauldron, fill it halfway with water and let it simmer under the bowl.. This ensures that the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Continuously stir the mixture until it is smooth and melted together, making sure not to cook the mixture…the goal is to just melt, not cook.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Then stir in the chopped gumdrops. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. It’s gonna be super sticky so you may use a lightly greased piece of parchment paper to help spread and pat the mixture down into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting, overnight is best.
- Cut into 60 small bite sized pieces.
- To store the candies, use parchment paper between layers so the sweets don’t stick together.