Sunday is Halloween and Saturday is the Bash AND one of my best friends’ birthdays! So here is a mini fudgy version of cauldron cakes for you all but in honour of Lex turning 16 and he loves cauldron cakes!
You will need!
- peanut butter fudge:
- 16 ounces white chips or white confectionery coating wafers
- 8 ounces peanut butter chips
- pinch of salt
- 16 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces melted and tempered semi-sweet chocolate or melted dark cocoa candy melts
- 2 ounces dark modeling chocolate or Tootsie Rolls or black fondant
- 2 tubes Green Slime Sparkle Gel (or gell color of your choice)
- candy sprinkles (spiders, eyeballs, bones, skulls, bubbles, etc.)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 16 lollipop sticks or paper straws
- cake pops pan – or box of powdered sugar if this is not found
- Double broiler *if not at a muggleborn at home, if at home, microwave*
- Cookie sheet
- Melt white and peanut butter chips in a double broiler till smooth and creamy. If you are at home on vacation and have access to one they can be melted in the microwave for 30 second increments stirring after each.
- Pour the fudge into cake pops mold and Insert lollipop stick or straw into each slot. If you can’t find mold, add enough powdered sugar to the fudge mix till its more solid and can be formed into a ball with your hands, put the straw in and set on a cookie sheet
- Freeze for 20 minutes and then unmold if mold is used, otherwise just pull them out and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- While in the freezer melt the chocolates according to the method needed for the kind you’re using. Then holding on to the stick, dip them into the chocolate, swirl about to get fully coated and set aside. (If you use candy melts instead, you must allow them to cool to about 91 degrees so that they don’t melt the fudge.)
- Add a thin rope of modeling chocolate around the top of each pop.
Decorate with green slime sparkle gel and candy sprinkles while the chocolate before the coating sets.