It’s almost Valentine’s day and a traditional gift is Chocolate covered cherries. Here’s a twist to that! IT uses box mixes so that makes it a lot easier for even the most kitchen challenged
You will need!
- 18.3 ounces box of chewy fudge brownie mix
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 12 ounce can of whipped chocolate frosting
- 10 ounce jar of maraschino cherries drained, stems removed, and patted dry
- 18 ounces of chocolate almond bark
- OPTIONAL – sprinkles , nuts, coconut shavings, decorative sugar, other colors of melted chocolate.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Bakers spray
- Parchment paper
- Microwave OR double broiler
- Fork or skewers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with baker’s spray
- Add the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir just until combined, do not over-mix. Evenly spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake according to the package instructions. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Crumble ½ of the cooled brownies into a large mixing bowl. Spoon ½ of the whipped frosting on top of the crumbled brownies. Crumble the remaining brownies on top of the frosting and spoon the remaining frosting on top of the brownies. Use a large spoon to combine the brownies and frosting until an even consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the brownie mixture. Roll the brownie mixture into a ball. Then slightly flatten the ball. Use your thumb to make a slight impression in the center of the brownie ball. Place 1 of the cherries into the depression. Fold the brownie over the cherry and roll it into a ball to seal the cherry inside. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining brownie mixture. Place the brownie balls into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Just before you are ready to coat the brownie balls, break the almond bark into pieces and add to a microwave-safe bowl medium-sized bowl. Microwave the almond bark pieces in 1-minute intervals, stirring in between each interval until the almond bark is completely melted and smooth. You may also use the double broiler method if you wish to melt the almond bark.
- Place 1 brownie ball into the melted almond bark. Use a spoon to coat/roll the brownie ball. Use a fork or skewer to gently pick up the coated brownie ball and tap on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place the coated brownie back onto the parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining brownie balls. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- OPTIONAL, while the chocolate is still “wet” you can decorate these with sprinkles, chopped nuts, coconut shavings, decor sugar, basically anything you want to top it with. You can also melt some other types or colors of chocolate put them in a baggie snip off a corner and drizzle that on top, this also works with caramel and butterscotch.