And now for the parts I know you really want. THE RECIPES
Marshmallows, especially toasted ones, are a good and delicious fall treat. You can even make this taste like a smore with the options directions.
You will need!
Rice Krispie Treat Crust:
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
Vanilla Bean Toasted Marshmallow Cheesecake:
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 oz. marshmallow fluff
- 4 oz. mini marshmallows, toasted
- 1 vanilla bean, cut, seeds removed, pod discarded
- ½ tsp. vanilla bean paste or extract
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 10-inch spring form pan
- Baking spray
- Stand mixer or use the stirring spell
- Baking sheet
- parchment paper
For the Rice Krispie Crust:
- Spray a 10-inch spring form pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large heavy bottom pot
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the cereal and mix until well coated.
- Form the rice krispie treats into the spring form pan, starting with the bottom and then the sides. You might have a little left over…just eat it.
For the cheesecake:
- Put parchment paper on the baking sheet and spread the marshmallows out on it. Toast the marshmallows in a 350 oven. You can also use the oven broiler but thats a little tricker. A good incendo on them also works, just don’t overdo it. Pull out when toasty brown and set aside to cool
- Mix the sugar and gelatin in a small bowl.
- Add boiling water and let sit for 5 minutes while gelatin dissolves.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, vanilla bean, and vanilla bean paste until soft and creamy. You can also use the stirring spell instead of a mixer
- Add the marshmallow fluff and the toasted marshmallows and beat until fully incorporated. You will have lumps from the toasted marshmallows, that’s okay.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture. It’s going to look like soup at the end…don’t panic.
- When all the gelatin is fully incorporated, transfer the mixture in the bowl to the fridge and let chill for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and mix vigorously to get smooth again. It should have thickened up.
- Pour into prepared Rice Krispie Treat Crust and smooth evenly with spatula. You can top with more toasted marshmallows for garnish if you want.
- Put back in fridge for at least 4 hours to fully set up.
If you’d like to make this a bit more like a s’more cheesecake, Replace the rice crispy crust with a graham cracker one. A store bought one is fine. Cover the top in chocolate sauce made from melted chocolate chips or chocolate bars