Candy barks can be super easy to make. And there are thousands of ways to do it. This one uses a base of crackers for an unusual extra crunch then just melted chocolate with stuff added! You can leave it off if you don’t want it, the toffee and chocolate base will be just as good!
You will need!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers, salted
- 12 ounce bag semisweet mini chocolate chip morsels
- ½ cup Reese’s pieces
- ½ cup other favorite candies, chopped (like candy bars or M & M’s)
- chopped pecans, optional
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a 9×13 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place saltine crackers side-by-side until the baking sheet is filled. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and dark brown sugar on medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil for about 3 minutes while stirring to ensure no sticking or burning.
- After the toffee has boiled for about 3 minutes, evenly pour it onto the saltine crackers. Take a spatula and spread the caramel toffee evenly onto the crackers. Do this quickly because the toffee will start to harden.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the toffee starts to boil.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and evenly distribute the semisweet chocolate morsels onto the boiling caramel. NOTE: The chocolate won’t be completely melted at this point and that’s ok.
- Add in the reese’s pieces, any other candies, and pecan chips. Take a spatula and spread evenly so the candies can start to melt.
- Put the baking sheet back into the oven and let cook, just long enough for the candies and chocolate to melt, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the chocolate morsels have melted, remove the baking sheet from the oven and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
- Once it has completely cooled and is cold, remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and start to break the crack candy into bite size pieces.