This thing was all the rage with some people a few years back or so. But it’s super simple to make! Just really neat looking! It’s CLEAR like water! But jiggles!
It’s not really cake though and I dunno why they call it that. It’s a jelly.
The base recipe is kinda bland but you can replace the water for a clear juice to add a bit of a flavor.
You will need!
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp agar powder
- 2 tbsp ground brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar beet syrup
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Round silicone molds
- Pour the water into the pot and add the agar powder then bring to boil. Mix well and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat then carefully pour into the silicon molds.
- Refrigerate the molds for 12 hours.
- To serve, carefully remove the “raindrops” from the molds. This is done easily by dipping the bottom of the molds into a bowl of warm water, then putting a plate on the open side, turning it over and lifting the mold off.. Garnish with brown sugar and sugar beet syrup.