These are a fun and festive way to make hot chocolate, and are semi portable! You gotta box them up and have access to hot milk, or if you just MUST hot water. Really why do muggles make it with the mix and WATER? That’s so gross.
Anyway! Hot Chocolate bombs! You can make them just simple chocolate or decorate them all you want! Plain or festive
You will need!
- 2 cups High quality meltable Chocolate whatever type is your preference. You can use chips, or chop up a bar. But make sure it’s a SWEET type and not baking chocolate.
- Hot cocoa mix or Chocolate milk mix
- Optional add-ins like mini marshmallows, sprinkles, or toffee pieces
- Optional sprinkles and icing decor for the outside
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Half round silicone candy molds about an inch and a half in size
- Paint brush
- Storage box
- Melt your chocolate chips by your preferred method. I like double boilers, some muggles use their microwave, just use your fav way. But make sure it doesn’t seize up!
- Use a spoon to dollop the melted chocolate into your moulds, smoothing it around the edges until everything is covered. Set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm. A paint brush is handy for helping to coat the inside of the mould
- Fill half of your moulded with your hot cocoa mix and optional add-ins. If you want you can make a little mound in the middle but not to high as you have to close it off
- With the paint brush add some fresh melted chocolate on the edges of the chocolate. Take an empty half and gently press into the melted edge to seal them together. Let set then gently take out of the mould. Paint more melted chocolate along the edges to make sure its sealed. Here you can also use royal icing to cover the seam, or roll it in sprinkles or crushed peppermints or toffee or whatever. Other decor can also be attached with more melted chocolate.
- Serve in a mug, pouring hot milk over the bomb and stirring until completely melted.