Trifles are such an easy but delicious thing to make! You can even use store bought cakes to make it, or get a muggle box cake mix instead of making a cake from scratch! WHich makes it super fast and easy.
Here’s a yummy Autumn twist to them!.
It makes a LOT so its good for a big dinner party
You will need!
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size) OR store bought quarter sheet cake OR make your own cake from your favorite recipe
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix OR make your own from scratch with your favorite recipe, you’ll want 6 cups of it.
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted OR nut of your choice
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 2 cartons (16 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed OR make your own whipped cream with the method of your choice
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large CLEAR glass bowl *its gotta be clear so you can see the layers!* Or use a trifle bowl if you have one of course!
- Large spoons
- Wooden Skewer
- If using a cake mix, Bake it according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. OR make your own cake with your own recipe Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. OR if you’re using store bought, skip this step.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. OR make your own pudding and add the apple pie spice while making it
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl. Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture.
- Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.