Sadly, I dunno how to tell you to make the Pepper Imps that let you breath fire and cause smoke to come out of your ears and nose, but I can tell you how to make ones that, taste like them just, without the side effects.
You want the fire you gotta go to my aunt! But I think the heads of the school may not be to happy with a bunch of us making like dragons and breathing fire so. Eat the magical kind with caution!
You will need!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup glucose syrup (corn syrup)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- black food colouring gel (or color of your choice)
- 1 tsp peppermint oil or candy flavoring
- Extra white sugar for rolling in
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Candy gloves or your wand
- Silicon mat
- Candy Thermometer
- Wooden spoon
- Kitchen scissors
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, water, syrup and cream of tartar Till the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, place the thermometer in and let cook without stirring till it reaches 300F then remove from heat.
- Once the candy reaches 300F, remove from heat.Put on candy making gloves, keep your face back and pour in the Peppermint oil. Or use your wand to float the spoon over to add it.
- Give it a quick stir and drop in a little bit of black gel and mix it in till the color is constant.
- Pull out a tbsp of the candy onto a silicone mat and fold together until able to pick up (dough consistency). You want to wark in small amounts so the whole thing doesnt get hard at once.
- Take clean oiled kitchen scissors, and cut off a little bit of what you’ve worked with. Roll that with your gloved hands until you form a ball shape and set aside.
- Repeat until all candy is cut and rolled. Try to work quickly or the candy in the pot will harden!
- If the candy starts to harden in the pot, simply heat the pan back up on the stove for a few minutes, until the candy can be removed from the pan again.
- Roll in white sugar before storing in an airtight container.