This week it’s one of my favorite sweets cause it was my birthday this week! Enjoy it!
You will need!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 8 x 8 square pan
- Candy thermometer
- Double boiler or Microwave
- Long fork or skewers
- Wax paper
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- In a heavy 4 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add brown sugar, corn syrup and milk. Stirring constantly, heat to 242 to 248 degrees F (116 to 120 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a firm but pliable ball. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour into the prepared pan.
- When the caramel has cooled and set, cut it into 1 inch squares. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Melt chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the caramel squares in chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.