This one sounds a little trickier then it really is, but makes a lovely layered Cheesecake with a honey topping. The different textures and tastes in the two layers is quite an experience!
You will need!
- These ingredients make a cake with mould size of 13.5cm
For the Crust
- 135g All-purpose flour
- 20g Almond powder
- 1g Salt
- 90g Cold unsalted butter
- 40g Cold water
For one filling
- 180g Cream cheese
- 40g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2g Vanilla extract
- 30g Whipping cream
- 8g Cake flour
For the second part of the filling
- 50g Cream cheese
- 10g Sugar
- 10g Plain yogurt
- 1g Vanilla extract
- 2g Lemon juice
- 1g unflavoured Gelatine - in sheets preferably
- 30g Whipped cream (whipped up 50%)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Square cake pan or springform pan sized 13.5cm
- Pastry scraper
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- Pastry brush
- Honeycomb shape maker *optional*
For the crust
- Put the All-purpose flour, almond flour, and salt in a bowl and mix, then add cold unsalted butter and mix with a scraper until the butter is mixed with the flour and turned into small crumbles.
- Add cold water and mix till smooth and form into a ball shape. Place the ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper and flatten , then place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Butter the pan’s sides. If you do not have a springform pan cut two strips of Parchment paper twice as wide as the pan then place in a cross pattern into the pan and flatten to the bottom and sides so that at least 3 inches sticks up over the edge, This will allow you to remove the cake when it is cooled.
- Put the dough in the pan and form it in the shape of the pan, make a pattern with a fork on the rim, make a hole in the bottom with a form, and bake it in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove crust from pan and place on baking tray
Filling part one
- Add sugar to the cream cheese and mix. Add egg and vanilla extract. Add fresh cream and mix. Add soft flour and mix.
- Strain batter through a sieve, pour the batter into the tart shell, bake it in an oven preheated to 160 degrees for 30 minutes, and raise the temperature to 190 degrees for another 3 minutes to color.
- Cool at room temperature and cool in the refrigerator.
Filling part two
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature, add sugar and mix, and then plain yogurt. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix.
- Soak the gelatine according to package directions. Then also melt it in a microwave for 10 seconds, put it in the batter, mix quickly, and add whipped cream and mix.
- Pour the batter on the chilled cheesecake. Do not fill all the way to the top of the crust. And smooth down as flat as possible.
- If you have the honeycomb sheet mould put it on top to make a shape. Place cake in freezer for about 2 hours. When done remove the honeycomb mould from the top. Add honey to preference on top of cake but do not allow it to overflow sides of the crust.