Simple recipe for this week but something different and a sweet savoury. Careful though its kinda addictive!
You will need!
- 12 to 16 ounces bacon, thick sliced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Extra brown sugar – optional
- Measuring spoons
- Tin foil
- pastry/basting brush
- Bowl or saucepan
- metal cooling rack, make sure it does not have a plastic coating on it.
- Rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet, or roasting pan with foil. The pan should be large enough to hold a large cooling rack. Place a large cooling rack in the pan and brush a little vegetable oil over the rack. Or spray the rack with vegetable oil cooking spray. Lay the bacon strips over the rack, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- Combine the brown sugar and maple syrup in a bowl or small saucepan. Heat just until warm. Brush the warmed sugar mixture over the bacon strips. Or dip them into it and place them back on the pan.
- Bake the bacon in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until nicely browned and slightly crisp. Your time here may vary from oven to oven. Check on them so they don’t burn! Also this is not a time for those of you that like your bacon a little..floppy, crisp is best!