Sometimes you just need a simple basic comfort food. These are great warm with milk!
You will need!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Fine salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cookie sheets
- Cooling racks
- Parchment paper
- Mixer or your wand
- Position 2 racks in the center of the oven, and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer) until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to medium, add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 12 heaping tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet. Roll the dough into balls with slightly wet hands. Bake, rotating the cookie sheets from upper to lower racks halfway through, until golden but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes (the longer the cook time, the crunchier the cookies). Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Let the baking sheets cool completely, scoop the remaining dough onto 1 sheet and bake. Store the cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.