OCTOBER IS HERE!
Which means time for Halloweeny themed recipes! Lets go with a simple one but PUMPKIN TWIST TIME
You will need!
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds or pecans, toasted – optional
- Stick of butter or butter spray
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 13×9-in cake pan
- Candy Thermometer or glass of ice water
- Line a 13×9-in. pan with foil. Butter the foil with either the stick of butter or the spray and set it aside. You can just rub the stick on the foil or spray the butter spray on it. You will not use all the stick
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. If you do not have a candy thermometer drop ¼ teaspoon it into the glass of ice water till it forms a soft ball
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth and the chips are melted. Stir in nuts if you want them after its smooth
- . Pour into the prepared pan. Cool for several hours until fully set..
- Using foil, lift fudge out of the pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container.