This one takes a bit of explanation.
I’ve heard some of our muggleborns, and some halfbloods with closer ties to Muggles than I do, Sing this song at times. It’s from a film, and in it there’s a line about “try the grey stuff it’s delicious” So I asked them what it was. They didn’t know but gave me a few places that might know. Which were places I couldn’t get to. But my mother could!
So she did it to find out what it is as well. And we learned about what the grey stuff is as created for the Theme parks made by the same people that made the movie. And it’s REALLY tasty. So I thought I’d share the quite simple recipe here!
You can eat the grey stuff as a cake or cupcake icing, on a cookie or just on its own like a pudding.
You will need!
- 1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix , or make your own if you know how
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed or make your own whipped cream if you know how
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Plastic bag
- Rolling pin
- Mixing spoons
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl. Add the instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm. This is also the step to make your own vanilla pudding if you know how.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies into a plastic bag, remove as much air as possible and seal shut. Then using the rolling pin crush the cookies into very fine crumbles. It should be sand like with no large lumps.
- Fold smashed cookies into the pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed.
- If you are making your own whipped cream do so now. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Eat as desired with a spoon, cookies or cake.