After carving up all those pumpkins we got left with a ton of seeds. Some will be placed to the side to grow new plants next year. But what about the leftovers?
WELL nearly all of us love roasted pumpkin seeds but here’s a sweet candied version! And its so simple to make!
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small bowl or cauldron
- Cookie sheet
- Tin foil
- Cooking spray or grease
- Wooden spoon
- Separate your seeds from the guts and wash them well, making sure to get them fully clean of bits of guts.
- Dry the seeds off well.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Make sure to coat the seeds as evenly as possible. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are well-glazed, stirring occasionally. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.