So, as I’ve said before everyone in my family has a sweet something or other as their middle name. Mine’s macaron and I said how to make those earlier this year. Well my older sister Gardenia’s middle name is Ambrosia. It’s a fruity treat thing that our mum learned about on a trip to the US. It’s named for the food of the Greek gods and has like a bajillion different regional variations. But its REALLY easy to make so I got one of the variations here to share with you all!
AND it requires no cooking! Just mix it up chill and eat!
Also my sister is utterly amazing and I love her so much.
You will need!
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces mini marshmallows, approximately 3 cups
- 1 cup clementine orange segments, approximately 6 clementines
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
- Measuring cups
- Glass bowl
- Stand mixer if you can use one at home. *for the muggle way*
- [muggle way] Place the cream and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- Using the stirring spell or leviosa whisk the cream and sugar together till it forms soft peaks.
- Add the sour cream and whisk to combine.
- Add the marshmallows, orange, pineapple, nuts and cherries and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a glass serving bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving. Or blast it with Glacius and BAM no waiting!