OOC Rules & Punishment System
The OOC Punishment System is how we manage OOC rule breaking at Mischief Managed. Punishments are only applied to OOC infractions (playing IC pranks on fellow students might result in detention but is never in danger of OOC punishment), and only ADMINS may deal with them. Should an Admin believe a roleplayer is breaking a sim rule in such a way that punishment should be applied, the Admins will then contact the person in question, as there are always two sides to every story.
The OOC punishment system is not account based therefore if you break a rule on one account the punishments will be handed to you as the player yourself no matter the account you were using. Failure to comply with the rules will result in ALL accounts being banned from the sim.
All punishments and warnings are given by Mischief Managed’s official account HogwartsMischiefManaged Resident. Any punishment received by any other account is invalid and should be questioned by contacting the Administration directly. This does not mean a member of staff cannot contact you and ask you to stop doing something minor. Below is a list of items that will cause you to be punished under our system:
- Inappropriate clothing (revealing, sexual or inappropriate for underage characters to wear)
- Sexually oriented items (Muggle or wizard porn magazines)
- Alcohol (Alcohol is only allowed to be drank by adults. Alcohol is not allowed to be drank in Hogwarts itself unless at dinner time at the staff table, the staff room or private offices and/or rooms. Butterbeer is not alcoholic and should not be roleplayed as such.)
- Drugs (includes suggestive material, this includes the usage of Euphoria as a replacement for a high, roleplaying of addiction to potions and/or drug related items is not allowed.)
- Tattoos/Piercings (Applies to students only. Tattoos/piercings on Professors must not be offensive but may be visible.)
- Prim Genitalia or breasts or mention thereof
- Inappropriate RP (streaking, stripping, overly vulgar sexual remarks and any sexual remarks between children or directed at children, sexual acts or suggestion thereof, roleplay of serious abuse, offensive and mocking roleplay based upon stereotypes of sexuality, race, mental health, physical health, disability etc )
- Insulting other members or staff OOCly
- Stalking other members OOCly
- Harassing other members OOCly
- Taking IC OOC and creating a hostile environment
- Ignoring OOC Staff direction and advice
- Outing alts or abilities against the wishes of the roleplayer, abilities may be outed IC with evidence that you have non-metagamed IC knowledge of it, if questioned we will ask for proof that you have knowledge of this.
- Failure to act within the limitations of your character, and failure to respond to others (including NPC creatures) appropriately
- Unannounced Alts
- OOCly using alts or new characters to purposely manipulate a houses points in an effort to make another house lose and your house win
- Punishment: Official recorded warning via notecard from the Administration
- Official recorded strike notified via notecard from the Administration.
- Temporary banned from the sim for a decided amount of time depending on severity of the action to warrant punishment.
- Permanent ban from the sim on all accounts associated with the sim and removal from all groups.
- Poaching members for other roleplay sims and/or advertisement of any roleplay sim without prior approval of the Administration
- Sharing and redistributing scams through websites, objects and/or links of any kind
- Nudity with refusal to dress
- Harassment or verbal abuse towards sim OOC staff
- Trolling, destruction of sim and/or groups
- Constant harassing roleplayers OOCly
- Any display of homophobia, transphobia, sexism, racism etc in either IMs to another player, staff member, visitor or publicly in all groups associated with Mischief Managed
- Ageplay of any kind, all those caught age playing will be further reported to Linden Labs
- Posting of offensive material whether it be writing or pictures such as but not limited to porn, gore, animal cruelty, human cruelty, abuse, drug abuse and alcohol abuse in any or all groups associated with Mischief Managed
APPEALING A DECISION
You are as a player welcome to appeal any decision of punishment the Administration of the sim have given you. At any time that you feel the decision is wrong you are more than welcome to submit an appeal. If you feel that you have been banned out of any malicious intent (altered evidence) or incorrect information (you have not given your side of the story) then you can appeal.
However, appeals are decided at the prerogative of the Administration and are discussed as a team. Should they find that there is no evidence supporting your appeal it will be denied.
WHO IS DECIDING THE PUNISHMENTS?
The Administration team are responsible for discussing the issue at hand and deciding whether or not the situation calls for punishment. It should be reminded that not one Administrator is responsible for punishments and a vote is taken to determine if someone is to be punished. As per rules dictate a majority vote is needed for this to pass. If the majority of the Administration team do not feel a situation necessarily needs punishment the case will be dropped. This system is to prevent any unfairness to our roleplayers or fear of retribution from one person.
Please note that OOC staff are not allowed to issue strikes, bans or official warnings. They are allowed to suggest that you may be breaking one of the rules above and report it directly to the Administrators.
HOW DO I REPORT SOMEONE?
If you feel someone is breaking the rules then you can submit a report to any of the Administrators or OOC staff on the sim. Once the report has been submitted either by notecard or IM it will be escalated to the entire Admin team.
Please note that we make decisions based on evidence only and do not take hearsay or he said/she said scenarios into consideration. We ask that all roleplayers provide proof of someone breaking the rules. Any complaint submitted without evidence will not be looked further into until time that evidence can be provided.