I know some of you are wondering what is there to do if you’re staying for the holidays. Fear not there are plenty of things you can do while you’re here.
- Play hide ‘n’ seek with your friends who knows maybe some professors who will be staying behind might join in the fun.
- Start an epic snowball fight outside.
- Talk to someone new; who knows a new friendship might happen!
- Attend the feast. I promise you it is worth going to because who doesn’t want all their favourite holiday treats.
- Go stargazing with some hot cocoa – the nights are creeping in and the sun is setting at 3pm so there’s plenty of time before curfew to stargaze!
- You can help your fellow housemates by doing the compost project while there away.
- Use your spell skills to turn the long gallery into an ice skating rink.
- Gather your friends and do your own version of the Great British Bake Off.
- Hold Exploding Snap tournaments or crack out a chess set and get playing!
- Make a broom obstacle course.
- You know some of the paintings in the castle are really chatty and love to talk, see what secrets you may find out.
- Go and visit Lynessa’s chickens at DracheBlume’s hut. They will be quite lonely without her daily presence. Beware of the Emu though!
- Have an inter-house snowman contest no, magic allowed.
- Have a slumber party somewhere unique.
- Decorate gingerbread houses; it’s great fun and even more fun to eat.
- If all these ideas bore you, you can go to the library and study ahead for the next term.
Have a Happy Holidays and you will enjoy your stay. Rumour has it a group of elves will be contacting you soon