As JK Rowling’s wizarding world expands, Mischief Managed is doing the same by opening applications to adults!
As per any professor or student, all adults will need to follow the OOC rules
Student characters that graduate will be rolled into an adult status. However it is recommended that these characters still be sent through the system so that various employment’s and additions to MM adult based groups can happen.
- CURRENTLY the adult application system is only allowed to be used by MM members. Any deviation from this rule will be looked at on a case by case basis by MM admins
- You must have been RPing actively at MM for 6 months. Your application may be pended if you have a character that is inactive, we are primarily a Hogwarts sim for students,
- Adults can either be graduates or completely new characters
- Players are allowed a maximum of one professor, one creature account, 4 students, and a graduated student. If a player wishes to have further adults they are restricted on characters accordingly (e.g. 3 students, 1 professor, 1 graduate & 1 adult; OR 2 students, 1 professor. 1 graduate & 2 adults etc)
- One adult is allowed per HUD
- For every 2 points earned on your student account your adult earns 1. You are allowed ONE student to gain points for your adult.
- The adult application system is different from the professor application in that we ask for your character’s grades and job history to be listed separately from your application. Why, you may ask? This is to enable us to ensure that your character is appropriately qualified for the job roles you wish to roleplay out, we can’t have 50 aurors when canonically this is a very difficult job to get.
- If you are submitting your graduated character via the system you do not have to give an extensive background history as this will already have been done when you first applied to Mischief Managed, we only require a brief outline of your character – treat it as a job application!
- If you choose to continue to play your graduate and they have an ability that you wish to keep none of your other characters may have an ability. The rule remains the same that a player may have an ability on only one character
- There ARE abilities available only to adults
- All laws created by the Ministry of Magic are applicable to ALL characters. Ignorance of these laws is not an excuse and your character will be held accountable. They can be easily found on the Harry Potter Wikia.
- Laws may be changed by RPD or the current minister of magic
- The Hogwarts Castle is not allowed to be entered by adults who are not on staff unless under the express permission of the Headmaster
Below is what is not allowed to be roleplayed at Mischief Managed:
- ‘Adult’ roleplay
- Drug paraphernalia – alcohol is only to be allowed in the three broomsticks
- This list is not exhaustive, if you are in doubt of what you plan to RP please speak to a member of OOC staff
Adults are encouraged to be as witchy and wizardly as they can however we are aware that many prefer to appear more ‘muggle’ and so leniency is given. Many of the OOC dresscode rules apply due to the fact MM is a PG sim
Below is a list of what is not allowed. If in doubt speak to a member of OOC staff
- Nipples and genitalia should not be seen at any time
- Visible underwear
- Micro mini skirts
- Futuristic clothing
- Excessively high heels – slink/maitreya high shoes are allowed however be mindful of the surface you are walking on. Excessively high platforms/heels are not allowed
- Clothing with offensive slogans