So you want to submit a request to Mischief Managed? Great! There are, however, a few things to keep in mind.
All plots, artefacts, clubs, etc involving either a change to a character or more than one person must be submitted to the RPD for approval. The form is below, as well as information to keep in mind when planning out your plot.
At Mischief Managed, we allow student form clubs upon request and approval! If you wish to request a club, please look at the current “canon” clubs first. The RPD wishes for these clubs to be filled first and foremost before we will consider allowing others. This is to ensure that the theme of our role play is upheld! Please keep in mind that many of these can also be broken down to be House specific. For example: There can be a Slytherin Dueling Club and a Hufflepuff Dueling Club.
Pygmy Puff Club
Rat Race Club
Slugs and Bugs Club
Tips for writing a plot
When it comes to plots, common sense and canon knowledge will do you a kindness. When you choose to submit a plot:
- The plot must be canon. Any non-canon plots will be denied.
- Review it yourself, and do your research (websites are listed below). The more coherent and reasoned it is, the more likely it is to be approved.
- Ensure you get permission from players your plot will impact in any way. This includes anything that might relate to previous plots.
- Remember plots are nearly impossible to script to perfection, and often when it is, it will restrict the development of your character and others that may be involved, depending upon the plot. Be prepared for it not to go the way you had in mind, and let it flow organically.
- Information on submitted requests can take time. This isn’t because the RPD are gang of greedy Gringotts Goblins! It’s because often, research has to be done on the part of RPD. Research that most always involves reviewing any and all plots and requests, currently active in play or those that are scheduled to begin. The RPD does it’s best to ensure the BEST time to allow a plot to commence in order to see that plots don’t step on the toes of one another. So we, the RPD, ask that you please be patient with us.
- Pottermore Spoilers (a Tumblr with quick access to Pottermore information)
- Harry Potter Wikia