Ok! This treat is KINDA like the brittles I did last year, but kinda also not. It’s easier to break and..well Fluffy isn’t the right word for it bit…fluffy..uhh you’ll see what I mean when you make it.
And its Caramel so that just makes it good all around.
You will need!
- Butter for greasing
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Deep saucepan or your very clean cauldron
- Square tin or baking sheet
- Large Spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- Butter the tin or baking sheet
- Measure out everythign first with this one! You dont want to be left waiting while you measure out the next thing.
- Add the caster sugar and golden syrup into the saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has melted. Don’t go to high or it will burn. And don’t let the mixture bubble until the sugar grains have disappeared.
- Once the sugars completely melted, turn up the heat a little and simmer until you have an amber coloured caramel, this wont take long so don’t leave the pot!!
- When the mix is the nice amber color As quickly as you can turn off the heat, and add the bicarbonate of soda then beat it into the mix with a wooden spoon until it has all disappeared and the mixture is foaming. Pour it into the tin once its foaming, getting as much out as you can, but be careful its hot! Its this foaming part that makes it different than a brittle!
- Leave it in the pan till cooled. It will still bubble a bit in the tin. After about two hours or so it will be ready to crack and crumble to eat.