EVERYONE I know of loves roasted pumpkin seeds after all the jack o’lanterns are made. They are so easy to make after all!
Just plain with a bit of salt is well and good but here’s a tasty sweet version too! It’s also easily doubled or tripled depending on how many cups of seeds you have.
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small bowl or cauldron
- Cookie sheet
- Tin foil
- Cooking spray or grease
- Wooden spoon
- Seperate your seeds from the guts and wash them well, making sure to get them fully clean of bits of guts.
- Dry the seeds off well.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.Make sure to coat the seeds as evenly as possible. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are well-glazed, stirring occasionally. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.