By Essa Nazari
Finding that precious alone time with your significant other can be painful while at school. It often feels like every time you want to spend some time with them something always comes up. So, here are some simple date ideas that allow you to have have that precious time.
- Go to Hogsmeade with them. If you are an older student (over the age of 17) choose an afternoon and go and spend time in Hogsmeade (just make sure you are back before 7). Check out the Tea Shoppe. Wander the streets. If you aren’t, take the monthly Hogsmeade trip and set it aside as time to spend with them. Bonus if you can get a group to go together, then no one feels left out.
- Go for a walk. The grounds are beautiful no matter what season it is.
- Go to a Quidditch match.
- Help take care of the magical creatures with the permission of the groundskeeper/ Care of Magical Creature professors
- Study dates!
- Holiday ball
- Go ice skating if the ice is thick enough.
- Have a snowball fight
- Build a snowman
- Picnic in a classroom. After classes are over, convince Abner to make up a picnic basket and have a picnic meal in the classroom.
- Go swimming on the safe side of the lake
- Steal a boat and go for a ride around the lake (just be prepared for the punishment as well)
- Spend time at the campfire spot
- Make a blanket fort in a classroom for some of our thunderstorms
- Take them to the Halloween Bash
- Pumpkin carving
Now, this is not an all inclusive list of things to do around the castle. In fact it is just the beginning. A date can be anything that you want. It’s just a matter of getting creative.