Article By Minnie Fae Ivy
Ahhhh, the week of love is upon us and sure to be filled with snogging, chocolates and flowers. All around you there is much love and blissfulness tied up in a pretty bow as you focus on your one true love… But do you really know your companion as well as you think you do? Have you ever thought something has been, well a bit off with them? A bit too much hair? Goes oddly missing on a full moon? Well, I’m here to help! I’ve compiled a short checklist you can ask yourself to determine if you are, in fact, dating a werewolf. Now, werewolves aren’t all bad, it’s not all their fault and they can’t help it, but you should at least know what you’re getting yourself into!
- They seem to have quite a bit of extra hair everywhere on them, ears, nose, even their feet! Never fear though, if you are just naturally extra hairy it’s nothing that a simple shave can’t solve.
- They are literally always warm, there could be mounds of snow on the ground and they would see no need to bundle up. They are perfectly fine in shorts and a tank top all year round.
- They have erratic mood swings. Everything can be fine and perfect in the world with wonderful butterflies and then, within an instant, they are ready to tear the heads off everyone in the room.
- They prefer raw meat over any other meal there is to have and the bloodier the better- actually they would probably rather you not cook it at all.
- They seem to have an odd amount of Wolfsbane potion laying about the house. Honestly, this is probably a dead give away, but love is blind so believe in what you will.
- They often tend to stand you up on nights when the moon is full, usually returning to the house with tattered clothes, and sometimes slight traces of blood on them.
- They have unnecessary strength and even the heaviest things seem as light as a feather to them.
- The smell, Merlin’s beard the smell. They will have an off putting odor about them that the people around them are quick to notice but the seem to not have the faintest idea as to why everyone is plugging their nose.
- Their sense of smell and sight seem to be unparalleled to anything else you’ve seen. They can smell a good pub a mile away, and can see a black raven feather in the darkest of nights.
- And probably the most common way to know you’re in love with a werewolf is well, you’ve seen them howl at the moon and turn into one, before high tailing it out of there.
It’s safe to say that if you’re reading this and you can agree with at least half of these things about your other half, then you are most definitely dating a werewolf, but have no fear when Wolfsbane is near! Probably keep a small calendar with the moon cycles in your pocket too just for safety.