Keeping with the spirit of the season, enjoy some warm holiday beverages to help keep the chill away. Stay warm and have a happy holiday!
Mulled Apple Spice
- 1 gallon Non-alcoholic Apple Cider
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 hibiscus tea bags
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1 tbsp. juniper berries
- 1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, cut into slices
- 1 apple, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- Scourgify the cauldron at least once if not more!
- Place all the ingredients in the cauldron and cover.
- Put it on a on high flame and cook for 3-4 hours, until the colour has darkened and the fruit is soft. Remove the tea bags and serve hot.
Creamy Cauldron Hot Chocolate
Prep time: 5 mins
Serves: 6-8 servings, double this recipe for a party
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips (can also use half semi-sweet)
- Scourgify the cauldron. (Seriously, give it a good scourgifying or ten. This is for your own good!)
- Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a 5 quart crock pot (if doubling, use a 6-7 quart slow cooker/crock pot).
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally with whisk, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted.
- Once it is heated through and chocolate is melted, switch the slow cooker to the warm setting. Stir again before serving. (If you have trouble getting the chocolate to melt, turn to high temporarily).
- Garnish individual cups of hot chocolate with whipped cream or marshmallows.