Article by Persephone Hyland
Picture by Saffron Foxclaw
Rahne Parson, Hufflepuff Keeper is a modest and lovely girl who was willing to sit down and answer a few questions for us! Here is where you can get to know a little bit about the shy 3rd year.
1. You’ve only been playing since the second Hufflepuff game of the season. Why is that?
I was only a reserve the first time, but our old Keeper had to pull out and so I guess I’m the Keeper now…
2. What first got you interested in Quidditch? Have you always wanted to play?
I’d never heard of Quidditch until I came here. I’m a Muggle-born so… I guess I’ve wanted to play since I watched my first match in first year but it was only this year that I had the nerve to try out.
3. Hufflepuff hasn’t won the Cup in a while. Do you think you can make that change?
I guess. I hope so…
4. Hufflepuff did win their last game, however. How did that make you feel? Do you think you had a big hand in that?
I don’t know if I did. I mean, I stopped a lot of goals and got the Quaffle to our Chasers when I did so I guess I hand a small-ish hand in it… It was really down to Kettia, Travis, and Makenna, though – and our Seeker of course!
5. Do you have a favourite professional team? How about player?
I’m not sure… I’m from London so I guess my closest team would be the Wimbourne Wasps – at least their colours are the same as my House’s! I don’t really follow the League outside of Hogwarts though.
6. Who’s your biggest fan? Best friend? Parents? A pet?
My parents try to be supportive – they were really proud of me when I told them I was on the reserve team, and when I made it to the first string. My sister too but she’s not really interested in sports. I’ve always got Cobs, here, though. She’s probably my biggest fan when she’s not hunting mice and gnomes around the castle. It’s nice to talk to her about things because I’m not always all that… y’know… good at speaking in front of people. Plus, she likes to jump up at me a lot so I get lots of practice catching things that are flying at my face.
7. How do you handle it when your team loses?
I guess I was a bit sad when we lost at the start of the season. I didn’t go to the party afterwards but that was more because of the crowds there. I just went back to my dorm and ate jelly beans with Cobweb and tried to finish my Charms essay.
8. Have you taken any particularly gruesome injuries while playing?
I broke my wrist in practice once; a Bludger came out of nowhere and got me in the arm. I had to go to the Hospital Wing. Mum and dad were a bit worried about me playing a dangerous game ‘til I reminded them that I’ve had worse…
9. How do you get pumped for a game? Psych yourself up?
I don’t really. I used to turn on my iPod before hockey games at school – I was a goalkeeper then too – but that was mostly so I didn’t notice the crowd. Here I just tried to keep my eyes down and focus on listening for the whistle.
10. You face Slytherin next. Any words to your opponents?
Umm… Please don’t break my wrist too? I’m not sure, I guess I just hope everyone follows the rules and that I don’t panic.
Well, that’s it folks. Snakes, take it easy on the little puff, if you dare, but we don’t think she’ll hold back when it comes to blocking your shots!