Fifteen ways to get a Date that won’t wind you up with a Detention:
- Why not buy them a rose? Attach a sweet note with a request to the dance.
- Spell it out with Flagrate. It’s creative and cute!
- Compliment them on their outfit, be a charmer and actually care about their feelings.
- Get to know them, perhaps buy them a drink in Hogsmeade, or bring them their favourite dessert.
- Bribe a house elf to do your dirty work. Get them to make the nice food for you, have them give notes, and cute little things to get their attention.
- Avoid going googoo eyed at them, it’s creepy. Maybe smile instead?
- Write them a note. Have a friend deliver it, if you’re too nervous.
- Blurt your feelings loudly and awkwardly in the halls. Sure, it’s embarrassing, but it may be just as difficult for him/her to say no. If they do, maybe someone else will approach you and ask! It’s not pity unless you let it be.
- Be straightforward and confident, that’s the only way to win some people over.
- Do the friend chain. Tell your friends to tell their friends to tell them how they feel! I mean come on, when has that ever not worked?!
- Steal some veela sweat. Pheromones right? try to hug a veela extra and see if that helps you get some temporary veela charm. OR Hang out with a Veela, they make anyone nearby look more beautiful just hopefully your prospective date sees you first (Owl post is not liable for any punches received when hugging a veela)
- Try some Felix Felicis. The burst of confidence is sure to help your case! Plus, liquid luck, you can’t go wrong.
- Show off your moves. I bet you have a few dances hiding up your sleeves that could woo any onlooker. Put on that cute outfit and wiggle your hips like a genie in a bottle, baby!
- Write a song for them and sing it at dinner.
- Quietly cast a Cheering Charm whenever you’re together. Surely that happiness helps your chances!
And for those that are a bit more… daring, 15 other ways to get a date:
- No better way than to trap them! Use incarcerous or Incarcifors to catch that potential date with rope or a cage, or both! And if those even faill, drag them to the dance with Levicorpus! They can’t run away with their feet in the air!
- False Memory Charm. Make them remember telling you yes!
- Forgetfulness Potion. If they can’t remember saying no, it never happened, right?
- Confusing Concoction. Did they say yes? Did they say no? Who knows?
- Sleeping Draught. Just slap some sunglasses on them and drag them around.
- Amortentia. Why give them reason to question. Now they WANT to go to the dance with you. Though, if potions isn’t your forté then maybe confundus may hit the spot!
- Use a Polyjuice Potion to become the date they desire. Just make sure you take care of your more legitimate counterpart, too.
- Show them how badly you want it! Are they a dark and angsty person? Go knock around a few kids that might like them, to show you want it bad enough. Fight for your love!
- If you really want them to go with you to the dance tell them, “Go with me to the dance or your teddy gets it!” one daring way.
- Threaten to hex them so hard their kids will be born cursed. They’re sure to give in to your demands! Some suggest Langlock Jinx–now they really can’t say no.
- Try a beautification potion. You might not be the looker they’re hoping for, but you can always fix that. Temporarily at least.
- Lead them, blindfolded, to the Forbidden Forest. If your bravery can’t win them over, you can always threaten to leave them there until they agree to your date.
- Offer to practice Quidditch with them. “Accidentally” break their nose. Now they’ll have no chance at getting another date, so they’ll have to go with you.
- Fill their bed with chocolate frogs.
- In regard to the dance, just cast the Dancing Feet Jinx and stand beside them. Look, now you’re dancing with someone!
*BONUS* All of the above, why take chances and risk rejection?
Owl Post is in no way or shape responsible for any incidents, detentions, fights, drama, or Veela rage movements burning down the school. Please attempt these methods at your own risk~