Author: Shayna Iria
I don’t know about all of you, but my excitement about the Winter Ball still hasn’t ended! A majority of the gowns, tuxes, and robes were absolutely divine! The entire scenery was gorgeous – a Narnia theme, I believe. But, that’s not what I’m here to talk about. I can’t even begin to describe how brilliant everything was.
Firstly, the gowns. While nearly every girl unintentionally fell into the 50 shades of blue category, including myself, there was still a lot to be seen! I adored the classic, tightly fitted dresses that were chosen, like our beloved Briony Rookswood from the Ravenclaw house. She even paired her sparkling Marilyn Monroe-esque with a white, wintery cape. Now, that’s what I call a good accessory. Aside from that, we had quite a few darker colored dresses. Red and black were quite popular, as well. While I personally wouldn’t go for black when it comes to a winter ball, I’m sure others think differently. For the guys, the tuxedos were rather simple and traditional. Some of them even chose to adorn cloaks over their garments which added a special touch. Nonetheless, many people looked great!
Now, I do have a few DO’s and DONT’s when it comes to dressing for a Winter Ball. It’s only necessary to have a few rules, am I right?
- Gowns – That’s the most important ‘do’ of them all!
- Winter colors – (Follow the theme!) This means; white, blue, silver, red, gold, and green.
- Accessories – Diamonds, diamonds, and diamonds! Not only that, but snowflake themed accessories are a must! Let’s not forget a cute cape, either. Some festive headpieces aren’t too bad.. and gloves are just adding to the classiness!
- Heels/Flats – This is self-explanatory, of course.
- Sneakers – Do not, by any chance, wear sneakers. You know who I’m talking about, firsties. This wasn’t cute.
- Knee-length Dresses – No. Just.. no.
- Casual Wear – This is a Ball for a reason.
- Darker Colors/Colors that don’t pertain to the theme – Blacks, pinks, purples, and all of the above. It just doesn’t look good.
The moral of the story is: dress fancy because it’s a ball, and these special events don’t happen too often!
Furthermore, that’s all I have for now! I hope you all had fun, lovelies, and stay tuned for next time! And make sure to remember, ‘Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.’ xo